Thursday, July 3, 2008

Remembrances of Baba Ghosh

Baba - one whom I adored and feared the most. I remember when I was a child I always used to escape to Dida , when Baba was looking for me .. maybe I had done my homework.. or something like that.

During my higher studies, Baba always used to accompany me with the study materials and he was very instrumental in various phases of my life.

Even when I started working, Baba used to take daily reports from me, what I have done.... if I used to say the same thing again , next day he would say me ..."Eta to kalkeo korechis, aajke natun ki korli tahole" and scold me. As Baba had come to know something by interacting with me everytime, he also questioned me about various aspects in software engineering.

I never used to take care of my planning .... I knew Baba would do it for me.

I last spoke with Baba, when I was in Mumbai... before FIFA World Cup 2006 on the phone .. it was regarding the inagural match ... Germany vs Costa Rica .

I was telling Baba, I shall stay awake and watch the match ... and I remember Baba saying to me, in a taunting voice .... "Tui janish Costa Rica kothai .. oder match dekhar jonyo tui raat jagbije". .... little did I know that time that this would be my last conversation with Baba.

I got a call from my home at Kolkata after a couple of days, that Baba is not well . Ritu also told me I better go to Calcutta.... she could comprehend it.

I hastily went back to Kolkata to see Baba in a state of coma .. he had suddenly suffered from cerebral haemorrhage.... the same state continued for the next 5 days .

Within the 5 days I saw Baba's hand coming up and down and was very happy and told it to Ma.On listening Ma turned very happy too.... "Tahole bol Baba fire ashte pare"... we were so happy... But Sejokaku told otherwise, he said this is happening because of pain.

21st June 2006 - It happened to be my birthday . Our phone rang around 7:10 am ..... Ma received the phone and called Sakakaka. I hastily woke up and took up the receiver ... the caller on the other side said something which I still have to live with .

Baba HAD LEFT for the heavenly abode.

........
And I'm underneath the streetlight
But the light of joy I know
Scared beyond belief way down in the shadows
And the perverted fear of violence
Chokes the smile on every face
And common sense is ringing out the bell
This ain't no technological breakdown
Oh no, this is the road to hell

And all the roads jam up with credit
And there's nothing you can do
It's all just pieces of paper flying away from you
Oh look out world, take a good look
What comes down here
You must learn this lesson fast and learn it well
This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway
...... Chris Rea - Road To Hell ( Part II )

No comments: