Thursday, July 10, 2008

Problems, problems....with travel agents , flights

Sonamoni.Ritu and Baba has come back to Bangalore yesterday. There were so many problems in between .

At the Kolkata airport, Sonamoni was denied a boarding pass . I had booked the tickets through a travel web portal (ezeego.com ) for Sonamoni and Ritu and the ticket clearly showed the same. However the airline officials (at SpiceJet ) had a different story to tell . They said that the ticket PNR number was not valid for the infant , and in order to get a boarding pass , she should get a new ticket - Rs. 750 was the amount for her . Guess what would happened if there was an adult instead of an infant ... the adult would have not been allowed to board the plane as there were no other seats .

I called up the travel portal and after several verbal exchanges they informed me that they would let the higher officials know about it and if there has been a mistake on their part they shall refund the amount .... they also promised me to call me up , but still now I have not received any call.

After the booking problem was solved , there came one more problem .... this time .... a flight delay due to bad weather. I knew that Kolkata was experiencing severe thunderstorms , it always happens this time .. as June - early August is monsoon time in West Bengal , India. The flight which was scheduled to leave at 3:55 p.m IST was delayed to 6:50 p.m IST.

The funny thing was that since I had registered my number for flight information , the SMS and automated calls came to me informing about the flight delay - and I was in Bangalore. Ritu , Sonamoni and Baba who were the ones to board to the flight were in Kolkata Airport , were unaware of the delay... and so were the flight officials at Kolkata Airport !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would one call this...... real time updates dont happen for some flights still .

As this was a no frills airline, there was no refreshments for the delay. I was calling up Ritu now and then ; Sonamoni was doing all kinds of pranks in the airport , and Ritu was running behind her. We have found that she is very freindly with people she has not seen ever, but I dont know why does she start crying all over again , when she goes to our house at Dum Dum.... need to look into this .

Again after sometime I received one more SMS , it read the flight had been delayed to 7:25 p.m. IST . A little later Ritu called me up saying that the security check is over ... that time I told her that the flight has been delayed to 7:25 pm.

I had thought that I would take leave on this day to meet Sonamoni ; but now it looks I shall be reaching home before Sonamoni and Ritu. My office bus starts at 6:45 p.m and I should be back to my home by 8 pm.. it goes through a winding route ... not the shortest route.

On boarding the bus I enquired with the City Taxis at BIAL , and they informed me that they is no need to book a cab, it is available at the Bangalore International Airport 24 x 7... 24 hours. I informed this to Ritu, as this was her maiden arrival at BIAL .... dont know when the guys shall start the HAL airport ... it used to be so convenient.

I reached home and later called up Spicejet - the flight had arrived at Bangalore at 9:50 p.m. IST ... that was a great relief .. at least the flight has landed. It was easy to get a cab, and Sonamoni, Ritu and Baba reached the house at around 11:15 pm .

Sonamoni was now Naramundi Sonamoni... yet she was looking sweet . She was wearing a frock which Rangapisi had given her a couple of days back.

No comments: