Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our first broadband connection

A couple of weeks back we had received our new BSNL landline connection @ Bangalore,( 27th September 2008) with no major hiccups - though there were some for getting the ISD connection .. but it all happened and it did not take much time .

What everyone waited for was the broadband connection. Though there were many private players who were offering the broadband connection , BSNL had a very good speed.

It had been 3 weeks we were waiting for the connection to come ; and BSNL was saying that the connection shall come within next week. Now this next week turned out to be the next week every time.

So today I went and met the person in charge and brought the modem and other stuff by myself . Later a person called me and guided through the setup .

But even then there was no Internet connection !!!!

So I used the CD installer to guide to me through the wizard ; and it found that the Microsoft VM was missing. After installation of the Microsoft VM I stopped the antivirus and followed the steps in the wizard and after rebooting I got the internet connection up and working.

To enable the Wi Fi I did some settings in the BSNL page , and the Wi Fi also turned up. Also I went through the BSNL mail settings, and configured my Windows Mail with my account details .

On getting the connection I downloaded all the neccessary software, eg Skype, Windows Live suite ( I am blogging this from Windows Live Writer .. its pretty good as I dont need to stay connected with the internet for blogging; I had to do so with Scribefire ), all the major IM messengers, Tokbox client ( free video conferencing ) and the some Windows Updates .

After Ritu came from home, we were all very busy with the internet . I showed some pictures of Sonamoni and Ritu checked her Orkut page. Baba was interested in the Pay commision reports ; while I showed Ma the pictures of Nadia, Auli's daughter.

Get a broadband - get a life .

No comments: